Hi there, readers! You haven’t heard from me for a while. I went on a diet for health reasons – no shit Sherlock; no one goes on a diet for pleasure. I haven’t been posting as I guess posts about salad and water are probably not what you you were looking for when you followed The Carbashians.
Anyway, most meals so far haven’t been super exciting but I’ve been able to come up up with some alternatives that are keto-friendly.
The chizza is one of them.
Well, actually it turns out tomatoes are full of carbs… Hear that noise? It’s the sound of my Italian genes crying. But anyways, once it’s a while, it’s OK.
So here in how it’s made:
- The base is made of melted gratted emmental cheese. What Americans call “Swiss cheese.”
- I sprinkled some thyme and oregano
- Once it’s melted, let it cool so it hardens
- On top there’s tomato sauce
- Some ham
- A sunny side up egg that I cooked separately